Tuesday, February 21, 2006

distractions and Distractions...



I haven't been really good about writing blog posts, and even when I do lately, I tend to forget to include the stuff I want to say. This is in large part due to the fact that I am looking for A) a new place to live (anyone know of a nice brownstone for rent?) and B) a part time job (something in the arts?) Hopefully one or the other of those will be sorted soon and I can devote more energy to blogging and, more importantly, making art!

I forgot to mention in my 'discussion' of art v. activism the work of Simon Starling, see the comments to get my thoughts on his work. I also totally forgot to mention my support of the recent discussions by Modern Art Notes and From the Floor regarding the use of the MoMA lobby for a program similar to the Unilever program for the Tate Modern Turbine Hall. I meant to put that at the end of the recent post.

Despite my lack of attention though, some people out there are keeping me on my toes, both with my artwork - is this a backhanded compliment? And then there are the comments that occassionally come in on the blog that activate 'the little grey cells' in my brain. Glad to get feedback though, whatever the flavor. I am certainly not above criticism, and give fair and due consideration to all that comes my way.

Lots of interesting shows up right now, and I hope to get out really soon (right now we have sold our freetime souls to the househunt devil), because I could just kick myself for not seeing the Amy Rathbone show at Priska C. Juschka! Here's a shortlist of some of the interesting looking stuff out there (thanks as always to the diligence of the guys at ArtCal.net):



There are quite a lot of others, including a lot of really great drawing shows out there which I can't wait to see. If there is anything anyone out there could recommend that I add to my list please do! I will have to get out soon too since many of these shows end this week!

No comments: