Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A quick note!

I just came across Martin Bromirski's blog on the Packets of Rejection. What a truly beautiful thing. I think most artist's keep their rejection letters, they become a kind of testimony of effort. Some bother me more than others. The ones that have handwritten notices that say 'we're intrigued keep us posted' or 'please submit again next year' can be uplifting and depressing at the same time. The form ones are horrid, but some have been very kind and given insight into the rejection decision.

Btw. I would have Martin in my list on the right, but I read blog's by rss pretty exclusively, and though I have him bookmarked, I overlooked noting his when doing the list (which was based on the newsgroups). I will try and rectify that when I next update the list. Martin - this is by no means any kind of rejection!

No comments: